Quizizz is a fun web tool for creating engaging web quizzes for students. This tool has a large community of users, and teachers can select questions from already existing quizzes to add to their own. A quiz can be played live or assigned as homework, and Quizizz has a lot of features for personalizing the experience..
Quizizz Intro Video
Screenshot of a Sample Quizizz Assessment
Just the Facts
Student Login Required: No
Share Options: Via link, class code, social media, Google Classroom.
Google Classroom Integration: Yes
Question Types: One question type: Question with options. Could be used as T/F or Multiple Choice.
Standards Available: No
Feedback Options: No, but funny memes appear based on right or wrong answers.
Ease of Use: Easy
Support Resources: Good built-in support resources, videos, GIFs, etc. in Help Center.
User Community/Library: Large community creating quizzes that can be used. Also, nice feature of being able to just use the questions from other Quizizz’s that you want.
Why I Like It
1. Ability to cherry-pick questions from other public quizizz.
2. Ability to add images to questions.
3. Question preview inside question builder.
4. Ability to tag questions.
5. Ability to play live or assign as homework.
6. Ability to share via social media and URL.
7. Fun and engaging player interface.
8. Multiple ways to control player experience.
9. Funny memes included in the player experience based on answer.
10. Downloadable reporting features.
Why I Would Use It
1. For quick formatives.
2. As review and preview activities.
3. As a homework activity.
4. As practice on particular skills/standards.
5. When I want to share a quiz widely through social media.
6. When I want students to have a game experience.