Most Fridays throughout the year the EVSC iTeam (ICATS and eLearning Coaches) meets to plan initiatives, share new resources, and discuss how we can best support the tremendous work that classroom teachers are doing every day. A short part of our meeting is always a “smackdown” of new tools and resources uncovered by team members and we want to share these cutting edge resources directly with you. No lengthy article, just a basic list of tools and resources. If you come across something you would like to see the team devote an entire article to please comment on this post and share your thoughts. We’ll get to work on it! Check back weekly to see what gets added to the list!
December 19, 2014
- Create stunning presentations with automatically generated 3D transitions.
December 5, 2014
- Turn online videos into interactive learning experiences that engage students and deepen understanding.
- Booktrack is a new way for students to read stories and texts accompanied by a movie-style soundtrack. Students also create Booktracks, using their own writing or works being studied in school.
- Keep track of your notes and lists with the easy to use tool from Google.
- Create tech-enhanced quizzes to embed in your instruction.
November 21, 2014
- Just what the URL says – Just flip a coin!
- Virtual multi-faceted dice for classroom use.
- Get your phone’s notifications on your computer using this Chrome extension.
- News stories presented in levels using most common/important words.
- For middle school math, would be good to practice Tech questions!
- Create and share amazing stories!