Are you a Chrome user that typically has several tabs open by the end of a school day? If you are, then you probably have lost a little bit of time opening new tabs, typing in URLs, and searching for various web resources. Think about all of the time you lose on a daily basis opening each tab? What if I told you there was an easier way? There is with a Chrome Extension called New Tab Redirect.
1. Open Chrome.
2. Go to the Chrome Web Store.
3. Click + Free for the New Tab Redirect Extension by Jim Schubert.
1. Click Set Options
2. Now you can customize what webpage is opened when you click on a new tab. (My suggestion would be a Symbaloo with several links that you use frequently or other landing page you wish to start with. Here’s a Symbaloo with several EVSC links already added.)
3. Add the URL of your “redirect” or page you wish to load on the opening of a new tab. Click Save.
4. Now you are ready to open a new tab, let the New Tab Redirect Extension do its job and Voila!, your preferred webpage opens! Talk about a time saver!