Creating contact groups in Google Contacts is a very easy process. Now that EVSC contacts have moved from Microsoft Outlook to Google, staff can start creating contact groups in Google Contacts for use throughout the Google Apps Suite (or G Suite).
Before getting started, either have your Microsoft Outlook Contact Lists pulled up on your computer screen or print out your lists so you have them handy while you create your groups.
How to create a Contact Group
- Go to Google Contacts.
2. From the sidebar, select New Group…
3. Type the name for the new group and select OK.
4. Check the boxes next to the names you want to put into the new group.
NOTE: You can also search for names using the search box at the top and add them directly to a group. The search box searches through your contacts and the corporation directory. (see image below)
5. Next, click the Add to Group button, select the group name, and then click Apply. (see animated image below)
6. In the sidebar, click on the contact group name to view the contacts presently in the group.
How to use Contact Groups
Just type the name of the contact group in the recipient box. You can use Google Contact Groups anytime you:
- Compose an email in Gmail.
- Invite people to an event in Google Calendar.
- Share a document or folder in Google Drive.
- Share a custom map in Google Maps.
- Share a photo album in Google Photos.
If you have a question about this post, please leave a comment below.