Attention EVSC Staff who have Android phones and tablets – it’s time to get your Wifi ON!
How To Get Connected
Here are the settings you need to get your Droid on the network.
- Go to your wifi settings and select the EVSC-Secure network.
- Configure the following settings.
- EAP Method – PEAP
- Phase 2 Auth – MSCHAPV2
- CA Certificate – (Unspecified)
- Identity – your firstname.lastname
(same username for this website)
- Anonymous Identity – leave blank
- Password – your email/computer password
- Press Connect.
As you watch the screen, it should show your phone getting an IP address on the network. If it doesn’t, proceed to the troubleshooting steps below.
If you did get connected, Congratulations! Your Droid is happy and so is your data plan!
What if my Droid doesn’t connect?
If your Android device doesn’t connect on the first try, check to make sure you typed in your username AND password correctly.
- Your username should not include the email address part. If you see @evsc.k12.in.us in your username, delete that part and try again.
- Your password is case sensitive, so check to make sure any letters that need to be capitalized are CAPITALIZED.
Checked that. Still not working. Now what?
If you still can’t connect after checking your username and password, your Android may be blocked on the network. Since phones and tablets that come into our buildings immediately try to connect to our network, we have had to block what we think are student phones and devices to keep our wifi speedy with minimal congestion.
Please email Matt King (EVSC IT Networking Specialist) and he’ll check to see if you’re being blocked and assist you in getting your Droid connected.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the Comments section below.