Since we just migrated from Microsoft Outlook to Google for our email, calendar, and contacts, the default email and calendar program on our computers may still be configured to use Outlook when you click an email or calendar web link on a website. Here’s how to make all those links open Gmail and Google Calendar instead when you click them.
How to make email and calendar web links open Gmail and Google Calendar
1. When you visit either of these websites, you’ll notice a little icon by the Bookmark star icon that looks like two intersecting diamonds with a dark center. Click the icon.
2. Select Allow from the listed options.
3. Select Done to save.
Be sure to perform these steps on both websites.
How to disable email and calendar links from opening in Google Chrome
- Click the 3 dots button.
2. Click Settings.
3. Scroll down to the bottom and click Advanced settings…
4. Scroll just a little and click Content settings…
5. Scroll down to the Handlers section and click the Manage Handers… button.
6. Hover your mouse over the line for the item you want to delete. Click “remove this site”.
7. When finished, click Done.